azcentral.com Centennial Scholars
The azcentral.com Centennial Scholars Program was created by The Arizona Republic, 12 News and azcentral.com as a tribute to Arizona’s centennial. Rather than focus on our history, the scholars program is designed to help sustain the future of this great state by investing in our youth. What better way to ensure that Arizona can not only compete – but excel nationally and internationally – by focusing on our teachers of tomorrow through a well-deserved scholarship today.
There is no more honorable and important profession than that of an educator. All of us at The Arizona Republic, 12 News and azcentral.com applaud your commitment to lifelong learning and wish you the best as you embark on this exciting stage in your life.
Dependents (children or grandchildren) of employees of The Arizona Republic, azcentral.com, 12 News, La Voz and Republic Media are not eligible to apply.
- 2012 graduate from an Arizona High School in Maricopa, Pinal, Yavapai or Coconino County
- Arizona Resident for tuition purposes
- Major in Education at Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University, or the University of Arizona
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 (un-weighted)
Preference given to those who have:
- High class rank
- Actively participated in community service and school activities on a continuous basis
- Financial need as determined by the FAFSA
Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, fees, books and on-campus room & board.
• Maintain minimum 3.5 GPA
• Maintain continuous full time (12 credit hours) status
• Maintain Education program of study/major declaration