Phoenix Pride Scholarship
The Pride Scholarship Fund was established to provide scholarships for students who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, or Queer (LGBTQ) OR LGBTQ Allies. The fund was created by Phoenix Pride to support LGBTQ students and LGBTQ Allies in furthering their educational goals.
- Resident of Arizona.
- Enroll as a full-time student while receiving the scholarship (minimum 12 credits for undergraduate, 9 credits for graduate per semester) as defined by the school you plan to attend. Proof will be required.
- A student accepted to a United States Department of Education approved Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) institution that is not on academic probation with any higher education accreditation agency for the following school year.
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA in high school, general education degree (GED), college, trade school or other accredited institution.
LGBTQ member or Ally with a record of involvement in the local community. Does not have to be exclusive to the LGBTQ community but should reflect active volunteering and participation in philanthropic initiatives.
- One additional award available at $1,000 for a student involved in high school sports at the junior varsity or varsity level.
- Financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.ed.gov/).
- $5,000, in payments of $2,500 before the start of each semester.
- The scholarship is not renewable. Students may re-apply and be considered for subsequent awards along with new applicants. Awards are limited to a maximum of four per student.
- Up to $5,000
- Supplemental Questions
- Letter of Recommendation; LGBTQ Community Leader - must be completed by an LGBTQ community leader noting your community involvement. Can be used as one of the two required references in the general application.
- Are you an LGBTQ ally? Describe your involvement in the community and the reason you consider yourself an ally.
- If you are planning to use this scholarship to attend school in another state other than Arizona, please explain why. What do you plan to do once you have completed your education at this school?
- Why should we award this scholarship to you?