Walter Keith Irwin Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Walter Keith Irwin Memorial Scholarship Fund was established by Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Shay.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Majoring in studies related to History or Aviation.
- Graduating high school senior from any high school in Arizona.
- Attending any Arizona college or university.
- Students must reside with a familial guardian (parent, grandparent, uncle etc.) that is active duty or retired military of any branch.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Financial need is not required but will be considered in award selections.
Application Requirements in Addition to the General Application Questions:
- Two references are required in the General Application. Students must collect a third reference from a new individual.
- Student must complete the additional required essay.
- Walter Keith Irwin Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Supplemental Questions
- Submit a personal essay detailing your educational goals, and education program necessary to achieve that goal. What qualifies you for this scholarship - i.e. contributions to community/church?
- Please describe the relationship between you (student) and the active or veteran military person and the dates that you resided with this person.
- Please upload a copy of the service member/law enforcement ID card. Required to complete the application. If ID card is not available, an official document identifying the service member as retired or active will suffice.
- Letter of Recommendation
This letter of recommendation must be completed by a teacher, coach, mentor or faculty sponsor, describing your community involvement or leadership skills.
Note that your general application required 2 references. This third reference should be submitted by someone additional, so please select a different reference than those already listed in your general application.