Gerald E. Myers & Juanita T. Myers Scholarship
The scholarship program was established in 1999 to recognize the Myers family’s commitment to develop successful role models within the Hispanic community and provide opportunities to Hispanic students who may not otherwise have access to higher education. The Myers family believes that every young person, regardless of ability to pay, deserves a chance to reach his/her potential.
DACA students are welcome to apply. Exceptions to the four years of support will be considered on a case-by-case basis for students who may be unable to complete their degree in that period of time. The Gerald E. & Juanita T. Myers Scholarship goes beyond financial support as the student will be provided by members of the Myers family with a mentor for guidance, encouragement and support for his/her successes.
- U.S. Citizen, Lawful Permanent Resident.
- Student of Spanish, Latino or Hispanic descent.
- High School Senior at time of application deadline.
- Preference given to students from low-income families as indicated by the FAFSA and/or their explanation of Financial Need essay in the application.
- Intend to attend a Maricopa Community College full-time and then transfer to a 4-year university.
- This scholarship has an interview component. Those students who are selected to meet with the donors, alumni representative(s) and Arizona Community Foundation (ACF) staff will be contacted by ACF and scheduled to be at their offices on Wednesday, April 24, 2019. Please keep this in mind as you apply for this funding.
- The scholarship is disbursed directly to the school in two equal payments, one per semester. It is renewable for a total of four years, two at a community college and two at a University.
The donors for this scholarship expect communication with and updates from winning applicants throughout the academic year. Recipients are provided with resources and mentorship opportunities throughout their time in college. Myers scholars will be notified via email in the spring semester with instructions on how to request renewal of their scholarship.