Welborn Family Scholarship Fund
The Welborn Family Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to students of low-income families who are the first generation in their family to attend college. The intention is to award scholarship grants to students that have demonstrated academic success, perseverance and service to others during their high school years.
- High School senior.
- Preference given to students from low-income families.
- Preference granted to students who are the first member in their family to attend college.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in both junior and senior year of high school.
- Accepted by and plan to enroll as a full-time student at an accredited, 4-year university in Arizona.
- Preference given to students not eligible for state scholarships; FAFSA not a requirement.
Approximately $1,000 per academic year with potential for renewal (four awards maximum) contingent upon the availability of funds.
Award may be renewed for an additional three years (four awards maximum) as long as the student:
- Remains full-time.
- Maintains a minimum 3.0 GPA at university.
- Has not already received the maximum per student scholarship limit of four $1,000 awards.
Please only apply for this opportunity if you meet the stated requirements.