Maravilla Education Fund
Residents of Maravilla Scottsdale senior community established this scholarship fund to help qualified hourly employees achieve their dreams through further education. To apply, please email Ann Bamberger at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your interest by February 1, 2019 and then complete a General Application. Indicate your connection to Maravilla in Section Three of the application.
Eligibility Criteria for Hourly Employees:
- U.S. citizen or legal resident and high school graduate by June 15, 2019.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 from high school or prior college.
- Worked at least an average of 60 hours per month between October 15, 2018 and April 15, 2019.
- Maravilla supervisor’s recommendation for good work and attendance record.
- Accepted to an accredited college or vocational school, regardless of the length of the program, including accredited online education.
- Indicates intention to continue to be on the Maravilla Scottsdale payroll during the period the scholarship is being used.
- Email Ann Bamberger at email@example.com indicating your interest in applying by February 1, 2019.
Eligibility of Employees’ Dependent Children:
- Maravilla employee will have worked an average of at least 32 hours per week since October 15, 2018 through at least May 1, 2019.
- Employee and dependent are U.S. citizens or legal residents.
- Dependent will be a high school graduate by June 15, 2019.
- Dependent will be under 25 years of age on March 15, 2019
- Employee’s supervisor confirms good work and attendance.
- Employee/parent has notified Ann Bamberger at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2019 of the interested dependent’s name, phone number, and email address.
- Dependent has a minimum GPA requirement of 2.5 in high school or prior college.
- Dependent is accepted by April 1, 2019 to an accredited college or vocational school, regardless of the length of the program, including accredited online education.
- Awards will be sent directly to the school in two equal payments, one per semester for programs beginning in the Fall semester following the application year.
- Maximum awards will depend on the amount of donations and the number of employee applications.
- Award amounts will also vary depending on needed financial aid determined by the scholar’s institution.
- Awards may be renewable depending on the availability of funds and maintained eligibility.