Jeffrey D. McClelland Scholarship
US Airways established this scholarship to honor the memory of Jeff McClelland, who was the airline’s Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer at the time of his death at age 47, following a courageous 4-year battle with cancer. This scholarship provides financial assistance to students who exemplify the qualities that Jeff embodied—a love of education and life-long learning, strong work ethic, integrity, humility, and a passion for aviation.
- US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Continuing Sophomore, Junior, or Senior level students at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and completing an academic major leading to a career in airline management. Includes Business Administration majors or minors and Aerospace Engineering majors.
- Minimum 3.25 GPA in previously completed college studies.
- Financial need, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Career goal: airline management.
- Full time student.
- $10,000 distributed in two equal payments at the start of each semester.
- The award may be renewed for one additional year of study by maintaining the minimum GPA and other eligibility mentioned above.