Gene Shay Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Gene Shay Memorial Scholarship Fund was established by Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Shay.
- U.S. citizen
- Majoring in Business related studies
- Graduating high school senior from any high school in Yuma County
- Attending any Arizona college or university
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Financial need is not required but will be considered in award selections
Application Requirements in Addition to the General Application Questions:
- Student must submit 2 references as part of the general application, and one additional letter of recommendation as part of the Gene Shay Memorial Scholarship Fund application.
- Student must complete the additional essay required.
- Gene Shay Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Supplemental Questions
- Submit a personal essay detailing your educational goals, and education program necessary to achieve that goal. What qualifies you for this scholarship - i.e. contributions to community/church?
- Letter of Recommendation
This letter of recommendation must be completed by a teacher, coach, mentor or faculty sponsor, describing your community involvement or leadership skills.
Note that your general application required 2 references. This third reference should be submitted by someone additional, so please select a different reference than those already listed in your general application.