Globe High Alumni Scholarship
The Globe High School Alumni Scholarship Fund was established with the encouragement of Classes of 1949, 1950 & 1951. Mr. Chuck O. Lee, an immigrant to the United States and the first member of his family to attend college, provided the impetus for an Alumni Scholarship. He had received a scholarship to study at the University of Arizona and his good fortune led him to want to provide opportunities for other deserving students. The Scholarship Committee is committed to helping a Globe High senior with financial need and demonstrated good citizenship, with an emphasis on academics, community service, and extracurricular activities.
- Current graduating senior from Globe High School.
- Cumulative unweighted GPA between 2.5 and 3.5.
- Financial need as indicated on the FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Admitted to an Arizona university, community college or vocational/technical school.
- Arizona resident for tuition purposes.
- Demonstrated evidence of high motivation, determination to succeed and potential leadership.
- Extracurricular/community involvement.
- Two references required in the general application should be from a guidance counselor and a teacher.
- One $2,000 scholarship for the first year only of post-secondary education
- Award is disbursed in 2 equal payments, one per semester.
This scholarship has an interview component. Students who are selected to meet with Globe High School alumni and faculty will be contacted in April to schedule an interview in the middle of that month. Please keep this in mind as you apply for this funding.