Barbara Shay Memorial Nursing Scholarship
The Barbara Shay Memorial Nursing Scholarship was established to help Arizona students graduating from Kofa or Cibola High School in their Nursing studies at Arizona Western College or NAU Yuma.
- U.S. citizen
- Graduating senior at Kofa or Cibola High School, or current college student who graduated from Kofa or Cibola High School
- 2.5 minimum GPA
- Plan to pursue a career as a Registered Nurse
- Planning to attend Arizona Western College or NAU Yuma
- Full time
Application Requirements in Addition to the General Application Questions:
- The Barbara Shay Memorial Nursing Scholarship requires that a THIRD recommendation be submitted on behalf of interested applicants. The general application requires that two individuals submit responses to a set of questions about applicants online. This request should go to a third individual. Do not send this request to a reference you used in your general application submission. This reference should come from a third individual who will write and upload a strong letter of recommendation on your behalf. Ideally, this would be a mentor in the nursing field, as this scholarship is for students intent on careers as Registered Nurses.
- Student must complete the additional essay required.
$1000 split into two payments, one at the start of each semester. Must enroll full time.