Wilna G. Tygum Scholarship
Wilna G. Tygum was a career nurse in Wisconsin and Arizona. Concerned about the shortage of nurses in the state of Arizona, and the rising costs of a nursing education, Mrs. Tygum created this scholarship to benefit nursing students at Arizona colleges.
- Accepted by and enrolled in the Nursing Program at an Arizona college; or
- Current undergraduate student in good standing in the Nursing Program at an accredited Arizona college or university.
- Graduate of an Arizona high school.
- Financial need as indicated on the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA.
GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Arizona resident
- One time award of $1000, split into two payments, one at the start of each semester.
- Scholarship is not automatically renewed; prior recipients may re-apply to be considered with the current applicants.