Vicki Piña Scholarship Fund
Vicki Piña grew up in a large family in Nogales, Arizona, where she learned the value of hard work, perseverance and strong family values. She was a successful business owner and then volunteer coordinator for Homeward Bound, a social service agency that assists homeless women with families (mostly survivors of domestic violence) to help them become financially stable and secure permanent homes. Vicki had great appreciation for education and compassion for women whose life circumstances posed barriers to success.
This scholarship supports adult females with financial need in their pursuit of higher education at a post-secondary school in Arizona.
- U.S. citizen or legal resident of the U.S.
- Adult female.
- Enrolled and accepted as an undergraduate, graduate or adult re-entry student at an accredited trade/vocational, two-year or four-year school in Arizona.
- Demonstrated financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- One time award disbursed in two equal payments, one per semester.
- Award may be renewed contingent on available funds, and upon student maintaining criteria and enrollment (4 years total).