Lillian & Gordon MacGregor Scholarship for Sedona
In association with the Arizona Community Foundation of Sedona, Gordon and Lillian MacGregor established a scholarship program to help students from Sedona in their studies in preparation for a career in healthcare.
- Pursuing a degree that leads to a career in human health care including, but not limited to: nursing, physical therapy, M.D./D.O., dental hygienist, occupational therapy, etc.
- Financial need as indicated by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid Report (www.fafsa.ed.gov/).
- Admitted to a college or university in a major that prepares for a medical occupation.
- 3.0 minimum cumulative grade point average leaving high school and in previously completed college studies.
- Demonstrated evidence of high motivation, determination to succeed and potential leadership.
- Resident of Sedona at the time of high school graduation; for example attended and graduated from Sedona Red Rock or Verde Valley High School.
- Documentation of admission to college or university, such as a copy of the admissions letter or registration receipt. (Not required for continuing college students who submit a transcript of college studies).
- $2,500 for a year of university study; $1,500 per year for study at a community college. The scholarship award is sent directly to the school in payments of ½ of the annual amount at the start of each semester.
- The scholarship is not automatically renewed, but a recipient from a previous year may apply for the scholarship for an additional year along with new applicants.
- Up to $2,500