Tolleson Academic Achievement Award
The Tolleson Academic Achievement Award was established by an anonymous donor to provide scholarship opportunities for graduating high school seniors from Tolleson High School and University High School.
- Graduating Senior from Tolleson High School or University High School, Tolleson, Arizona.
- Admitted and planning to enroll at an accredited bachelor degree granting (4 year) college or university in the U.S. in the semester following graduation.
- High class rank, based on grade point average.
- High achievement on standardized test scores such as Advanced Placement Tests and the SAT or ACT. (Applicants must self report the scores for all. ACF reserves the right to request copies of the score reports to verify the scores.)
- Preference to students who have completed or are enrolled in Advanced Placement courses.
- Preference to students who have a record of community service and extracurricular involvement.
- Preference will be given to 1st year applicants; prior recipients may re-apply.
This is a last-dollar or gap scholarship program. Up to $30,000 a year will be available to assist students. The selection committee will establish an order of merit of several potential recipients. The scholarship administrator will consult the documents provided by the financial aid office of the selected students’ schools to determine the amount of financial aid and scholarship already awarded to the selected recipients. The available funding will be awarded to students as needed to fill the gap between the estimated cost of attendance and the amount awarded from other sources. The scholarship administrator will notify students by July 15 to inform them of the amount of award. Students will be contacted to submit award package during review period. No recipient will receive more than $15,000 in an academic year.
This award is primarily for the first year of university attendance. Prior recipients may apply for renewal of the award with a letter of application, an updated resume, and transcript showing academic excellence. The majority of funding will go to new high school graduates each year, but a limited amount may be available for continuing, previously awarded students.
Previous students, please do not apply using this form. You will receive a instructions on how to request renewal via email during the spring semester.