Kay T. DeMichele Angel Tree Scholarship
The Kay T. DeMichele Angel Tree Scholarship Fund honors the life, compassion and Christian ministry of Kay, who served as Chair of the Social Ministry Team of her church, Love of Christ Lutheran Church, for a number of years and laid the foundation for assisting children in need because of a parent’s incarceration, in conjunction with Prison Fellowship Ministry. This scholarship is made available by Kay’s family to provide higher education for a student who otherwise would not have the opportunity.
- Graduating high school senior.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Parent who is/was incarcerated in any state prison system.
- Plan to attend any 4 year college/university full time.
- Demonstrate potential and motivation to be successful in a higher education program.
- Current college students may be considered if they are previous recipients of the Kay T. DeMichele Angel Tree Scholarship.
- Students initially win this scholarship in their Senior year of high school. It is not automatically renewed, so each year, previous recipients must re-apply for consideration of continued funding.