Helen Jean Simpson Scholarship
This scholarship fund was established through the estate of Helen Jean Simpson and designated by the Arizona Community Foundation to help high achieving students in Refugee status to attain their educational goals.
- Graduating high school senior or current college student
- Entered the United States in Refugee status as holder of an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the Department of Homeland Security showing any of the following designations: “Refugee,” “Asylum Granted,” or “Victim of human trafficking."
- 3.2 GPA in high school or completed college level work.
- Arizona resident for tuition purposes at public colleges.
- Enrolled full-time in a Bachelor’s Degree program at a 4-year university in the United States.
- Financial need as indicated on the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Preference for students with honors, achievements, or awards earned in academics, athletics, or a work environment.
- $5,000 for attendance at 4-year university in the United States.
- This scholarship is not automatically renewed. Prior recipients may apply for continued funding in subsequent application cycles and will be considered along with new applicants.
- Applicants may apply for up to four consecutive years, with special exceptions for additional years reviewed by Arizona Community Foundation.