Julie Hurst and Steve Peters Education Fund
The Julie Hurst and Steve Peters Education Fund provides post-secondary educational funding for the employees of a company that is a member in good standing of the Arizona Multihousing Association (AMA) and their immediate family members. Immediate family members include children, spouse or dependent of a legal guardian. Scholarship awards are for one year of undergraduate study for part-time and full-time students at an accredited college, trade/vocational school or university located in Arizona.
- U.S. citizen or legal resident of the U.S.
- Employees of a company that is a member in good standing of AMA OR immediate family members of employees at companies that are members in good standing with AMA.
- Attending any Arizona accredited college, career/tech school or university at least part-time.
- Not completing the supplemental questions will result in an incomplete submission and the application will not be considered.
- One time award disbursed in two equal payments, one per semester
- Applicants must re-apply to be considered for additional funding. Preference will be given to applicants awarded in the prior year, up to a maximum of five consecutive years, as long as they continue to meet the eligibility criteria.
- Three awards will be given annually. In odd years two awards will go to Tucson members and one will go to a Phoenix member. In even years, two awards will go to Phoenix members and one will go to a Tucson member.
- Supplemental Questions
- Arizona Multihousing Association (AMA) Eligibility Information
- Name of Employee of Member Company
- Name of Member Company in Good-Standing with the AMA
- Relationship of Applicant to Employee
- Reference Request - Examples of good references include teachers, counselors, work managers, or supervisors of after-school activities and volunteer activities. Do not use relatives or friends. It is your responsibility to check the status of your references' submission and follow-up if necessary. You'll know references have been submitted because Requested (which appears when you enter a reference name and email) will have changed to Submitted in your application. To confirm their submission, log into your account and click Applications to check the status.
- Please enter the first and last name and an email address for one of your chosen references below by clicking Add a New Reference.
Once you have multiple requests for references, you will see a drop down menu listing them. Make sure the responses categorized as Submitted are selected prior to updating your application if you make a change or addition.
- What is the relationship of this reference to you, the student?