Myers Family Scholarship
Dr. William Myers and his wife, Sondra Myers, along with their four adult children established this scholarship fund in 2002. Each member of the family contributes to fund scholarships for graduating seniors at Central High School. Scholarships are awarded to students who have a record of community service and high academic achievement along with substantial need for financial assistance to reach the goal of a college education. DACA students are welcome to apply.
- U.S. Citizen, Lawful Permanent Resident, Conditional Permanent Resident (DACA students considered).
- Graduating Senior from Central High School.
- Admitted to an accredited Arizona public university or community college.
- Financial need as indicated in the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- First generation to attend college (neither parent completed a four-year college degree) if applicable.
- 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Demonstrated evidence of high motivation, determination to succeed and potential leadership.
- Extracurricular/community involvement.
- This scholarship has an interview component. Students selected to meet with the donor and Arizona Community Foundation (ACF) staff will be contacted by ACF to schedule interviews that take place at Central High School generally the third week in April. Please keep this in mind as you apply for this funding.
- Award amount will increase by $1,000 each year after sophomore year.
- Award is renewable for up to three additional years after the initial award. Students must maintain full-time enrollment, a minimum 2.5 GPA and provide a year-end narrative for the donor’s review.
- Students will be contacted via email in the spring with instructions about the renewal process.