The Verma and Ed Pastor Scholarship Fund
The Verma and Ed Pastor (PCDIC) Scholarship Program supports public post-secondary education for students with financial need attending a 2-year college or 4-year university located in Maricopa County.
This scholarship gives preference to high school seniors, first-time college students and adult re-entry students up to age 26 who currently live in Maricopa County.
- U.S. citizen, legal resident of the U.S., and DACA students (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals).
- Arizona resident living in Maricopa County.
- First-year college students or adult re-entry students between the ages of 18-26.
- Have and maintain an unweighted cumulative academic GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Demonstrated financial need as determined by Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Have been accepted into, or expect to be accepted into, an accredited public college or university in Maricopa County in pursuit of an certificate, associate’s or bachelor’s degree.
Awards are distributed directly to schools in two equal payments in the summer and November for fall and spring semesters, respectively.
This scholarship is renewable for one additional year (two awards maximum) as long as students meet the following criteria:
- Complete a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester
- Are determined to be in good standing at the school of enrollment
- Submit a complete transcript for the current academic year
- Continue to attend the same institution
- Have and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5
Students will be contacted via email in the spring with instructions about the renewal process.