Maravilla Education Fund
Residents of Maravilla Scottsdale senior community established this scholarship fund to help qualified hourly employees and dependents of qualified staff achieve their dreams through undergraduate post-secondary education. To apply, complete this General Application. Indicate your connection to Maravilla in Section Three of the application.
Eligibility Criteria for Hourly Employees:
- High school graduate by June 15, 2020.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 from high school or prior college.
- Worked an average of at least 60 hours per month between October 15, 2019 and April 15, 2020.
- Maravilla supervisor’s recommendation for good work and attendance record.
- Accepted to an accredited college or vocational school, regardless of the length of the program, including accredited online education.
- Indicates intention to continue to be on the Maravilla Scottsdale payroll during the period the scholarship is being used.
Eligibility of Employees’ Dependent Children:
- Maravilla employee will have worked an average of at least 32 hours per week since October 15, 2019 through at least May 1, 2020.
- Dependent will be a high school graduate by June 15, 2020.
- Dependent will be under 24 years of age when the scholarship begins.
- Employee’s supervisor confirms good work and attendance.
- Dependent has a minimum GPA of 2.5 in high school or prior college.
- Dependent is accepted by May 15, 2020 to an accredited college or vocational school, regardless of the length of the program, including accredited online education.
- Awards will be sent directly to the school in two equal payments, one per semester for programs beginning in the Fall semester following the application year.
- Maximum awards will depend on the amount of donations and the number of employee applications.
- Award amounts will also vary depending on needed financial aid determined by the scholar’s institution.
- Awards may be renewable depending on the availability of funds and maintained eligibility.