Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
Applicants must be the son or daughter of one of the following:
- Active duty or reserve U.S. Marine;
- Veteran U.S. Marine who has received an honorable discharge, medical discharge, was wounded, or was killed while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps;
- Active duty or reserve U.S. Navy Corpsman who is serving or has served with a U.S. Marine unit;
- Veteran U.S. Navy Corpsman who has served with a U.S. Marine unit and has received an honorable discharge, medical discharge, was wounded, or was killed in the U.S. Navy.
Additionally, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Planning to attend an accredited undergraduate college or vocational/technical institution in the upcoming academic year, and pursuing a first bachelor’s degree or technical certificate.
Students attending Federal Service Academies or pursing graduate degrees are not eligible. Students attending schools not listed in College Navigator will not be eligible for an award.
- Family adjusted gross income for the 2016 tax year that does not exceed $96,000. Non-taxable allowances are not included in determining adjusted gross income.
GPA of at least 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
Heroes Tribute Scholarship Program for Children of the Fallen:
The Scholarship Foundation guarantees scholarships of up to $30,000 over four years ($7,500 a year) to the following:
- Children of Marines and veteran Marines whose parent was killed in the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001;
- Children of Marines and Navy Corpsmen attached to a Marine unit whose parent was killed during a Department of Defense operation, training exercise, or domestic terrorist incident on or after September 11, 2001
- Children of Navy Religious Program Specialists attached to a Marine unit who were killed in combat on or after September 27, 2008; or
- Children of Marines and Navy Corpsmen attached to a Marine unit whose parent died by suicide as a result of combat related Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Heroes Tribute Scholarship Program for Children of the Fallen applicants must meet the established eligibility criteria, excluding the income eligibility requirement.
Limited Grandchildren Eligibility:
The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation administers scholarship programs of several Marine Corps associations that offer scholarships to the grandchildren of their members. To qualify a student must provide proof of their grandparent’s membership in one of the following associations AND meet the established eligibility criteria. There are no exceptions.
- 4th Marine Division Association of WWII
- 5th Marine Division Association of WWII
- 6th Marine Division Association of WWII
- 531 Gray Ghost Squadron Association
- 3rd Battalion/26th Marines Association
- Basic Class 3-56 Graduate
- Marines’ Memorial Association
USMC Combat Helicopter Association
Click Visit in the corner to go to the MCSF site.