Alhambra Foundation for the Future Scholarship
Several years ago, Alhambra District employees started the Alhambra Foundation for the Future (AFF), a nonprofit organization that solicits funds solely for college scholarships. Employees contribute money directly out of their own pockets to this one-of-a-kind scholarship program. Since its inception, AFF has awarded over 2,200 scholarships and received approximately $3 million in donations.
Former students who promote from eighth grade at any Alhambra Elementary District school are eligible to apply for scholarships if they graduate from high school and are accepted at any accredited college or university.
- Graduating high school senior or current college student who graduated from 8th grade in the Alhambra Elementary School District
- Minimum 2.5 GPA, confirmed at the time of application AND close of spring semester
- Student enrolled in an undergraduate accredited college or university after high school
- Extracurricular/community involvement
- The scholarship is awarded in two payments, one per semester. Proof of a maintained 2.5 GPA is required. Students will be contacted via email in the spring to submit verification.
- Scholarship is not automatically renewed. A student may reapply each year and receive the scholarship up to four times.