Prina Family Scholarship Fund
The Prina Family’s goal is to provide a scholarship for students who graduate from a public high school in Graham County, Arizona.
- Must be a high school senior or a college undergraduate who graduated from a traditional public high school in Graham County, Arizona. (No charters, private schools or home-schooled graduates.) Slight preference is given to college undergraduates.
- Preference is given to students who are below the top 10% of their class.
- Attending a college or university seeking a bachelor’s degree. Preference is given to students attending in-state schools or with an explanation for the need to out of state.
- Minimum high school unweighted GPA of 3.25 for high school student and 3.0 for college students.
ACT or SAT test scores strongly recommended.
- Student in any field of study at any undergraduate level with a minimum of 2 semesters remaining before college graduation.
- Slight preference is given to students with financial need as determined by FAFSA or explanation of financial need shared in writing on a scholarship application.
- Selection will be based on essay ideas (20%) and essay organization / grammar (15%), characteristic to achieve (25%) including leadership, extracurricular activities, character, ethics, etc., community involvement (15%), academic performance (15%), and financial need (10%).
The Prina Legacy Scholarship is a 4-year renewable award. The amount and number of awards will vary depending on type of school and student financial needs. The amounts may range from $4,000 – $40,000 spread out over 8 semesters. Funds may be held over for a master’s degree but still can only be spread out over 8 semesters.
- Scholarship award may be used for tuition, fees, books, room and board, and some additional academic related expenses up to the published “Cost of attendance” provided by each institution.
- All students must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units per semester or 24 units in a school year.
- Fund distribution can vary depending on financial need for each school year, but no single payment will be more than balance of the award divided by the number of semesters left.
- Scholarships may be deferred by the student depending on circumstances.
- Students must submit transcripts, current financial aid letter, and a one-page annual report to ACF to apply for renewal of reward. Students are required to maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA to remain eligible.
- The student must allow ACF to receive information from their school regarding their full financial aid package.