Phoenix Pride Scholarship
The Pride Scholarship Fund was established to provide scholarships for students who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, or Queer (LGBTQ) OR LGBTQ Allies. The fund was created by Phoenix Pride to support LGBTQ students and LGBTQ Allies in furthering their educational goals.
The Pride Scholarship Fund was established to provide scholarships for students who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, or Queer (LGBTQ+) OR LGBTQ+ Allies. The fund was created by Phoenix Pride to support LGBTQ+ students and LGBTQ+ Allies in furthering their educational goals.
- Resident of Arizona. ( But may study elsewhere)
- Enroll as a full-time student while receiving the scholarship (minimum 12 credits for undergraduate, 9 credits for graduate per semester) as defined by the school you plan to attend. Proof will be required.
- A student accepted to a United States Department of Education approved Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) institution that is not on academic probation with any higher education accreditation agency for the following school year.
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA in high school, general education degree (GED), college, career/tech school or other accredited institution.
- LGBTQ+ member or Ally with a record of involvement in the local community. Does not have to be exclusive to the LGBTQ+ community but should reflect active volunteering and participation in philanthropic initiatives.
TWO additional awards available at $1,000 for a student involved in high school sports at the junior varsity or varsity level.
- The Dr. Ryan A. Starzyk Veteran Pride Scholarship Award is open to Arizona military veteran or active duty service members who served or serve in the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Space Force or Coast Guard. Recipient must be enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited college or university, technical, trade or vocational school in the year the scholarship is awarded.
-$1,000 to a military veteran or active duty service member.
- Financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.ed.gov/).
- $5,000, in payments of $2,500 before the start of each semester.
- The scholarship is not renewable. Students may re-apply and be considered for subsequent awards along with new applicants. Awards are limited to a maximum of four per student.