Julie Hurst and Steve Peters Education Fund
The Julie Hurst and Steve Peters Education Fund provides post-secondary educational funding for the employees of a company that is a member in good standing of the Arizona Multihousing Association (AMA) and their immediate family members. Immediate family members include children, spouse or dependent of a legal guardian. Scholarship awards are for one year of undergraduate study for part-time and full-time students at an accredited college, trade/vocational school or university located in Arizona. The full scholarship amount may only be applied to consecutive academic terms that commence within the calendar year that the scholarship is awarded. Recipients who enroll in a partial academic year may only be eligible for a percentage of the full scholarship amount. Applicants may reapply in subsequent years to be considered for additional funding.
- U.S. citizen or legal resident of the U.S.
- Employees of a company that is a member in good standing of AMA OR immediate family members of employees at companies that are members in good standing with AMA.
- Attending any Arizona accredited college, career/tech school or university at least part-time.
- Not completing the supplemental questions will result in an incomplete submission and the application will not be considered.
- One time award disbursed in two equal payments, one per semester.
- Applicants must re-apply to be considered for additional funding. Preference will be given to applicants awarded in the prior year, up to a maximum of five consecutive years, as long as they continue to meet the eligibility criteria.
- Two awards will be given annually.
- Supplemental Questions
- Arizona Multihousing Association (AMA) Eligibility Information
- Name of Employee of Member Company
- Name of Member Company in Good-Standing with the AMA
- Relationship of Applicant to Employee
- Reference Request - Examples of good references include teachers, counselors, work managers, or supervisors of after-school activities and volunteer activities. Do not use relatives or friends. It is your responsibility to check the status of your references' submission and follow-up if necessary. You'll know references have been submitted because Requested (which appears when you enter a reference name and email) will have changed to Submitted in your application. To confirm their submission, log into your account and click Applications to check the status.
- Please enter the first and last name and an email address for one of your chosen references below by clicking Add a New Reference.
Once you have multiple requests for references, you will see a drop down menu listing them. Make sure the responses categorized as Submitted are selected prior to updating your application if you make a change or addition.
- What is the relationship of this reference to you, the student?