Burton Family Foundation Scholarship
The primary purpose of this scholarship is to assist graduating seniors involved with Maricopa County High School AVID programs or Be A Leader Foundation programs to further their education at Arizona State University and the University of Arizona.
- Student enrolled in an AVID program at a Maricopa County High School for at least three years OR participated in any Be A Leader Foundation program.
- Demonstrated commitment to higher education despite personal/financial obstacles.
- Accepted and plan to attend either Arizona State University or University of Arizona and enroll in a minimum of 12 hours each semester.
- Individual awards are $2,000 ($1,000 per semester) for the first year and $2,500 ($1,250 per semester) for the second year.
- Funding is sent directly to the school.
To be eligible for the second and final year of funding, scholarship recipients will be required to be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours and be in good academic standing as described by their respective institutions.
- $2,000 in the first year, $2,500 in the second year