Gene Shay Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Gene Shay Memorial Scholarship Fund was established by Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Shay.
- U.S. citizen
- Majoring in Business related studies
- Graduating high school senior from any high school in Yuma County
- Attending any Arizona college or university
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Financial need is not required but will be considered in award selections
Application Requirements in Addition to the General Application Questions:
- At least one letter of recommendation is required, but up to three are accepted.
- Student must complete the additional essay required.
- Gene Shay Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Supplemental Questions
- Submit a personal essay detailing your educational goals, and education program necessary to achieve that goal. What qualifies you for this scholarship - i.e. contributions to community/church?
- I understand that the Gene Shay Memorial Scholarship requires AT LEAST ONE and up to three submitted references on my behalf. This reference must be completed by a teacher, coach, mentor, or faculty sponsor describing your community involvement and/or leadership skills.
- Reference Request - Examples of good references include teachers, counselors, work managers, or supervisors of after-school activities and volunteer activities. Do not use relatives or friends. It is your responsibility to check the status of your references' submission and follow-up if necessary. You'll know references have been submitted because Requested (which appears when you enter a reference name and email) will have changed to Submitted in your application. To confirm their submission, log into your account and click Applications to check the status.
- Please enter the first and last name and an email address for one of your chosen references below by clicking Add a New Reference.
Once you have multiple requests for references, you will see a drop down menu listing them. Make sure the responses categorized as Submitted are selected prior to updating your application if you make a change or addition.
- What is the relationship of this reference to you, the student?