Empowering Diversity Scholarship (GED Track)
The Empowering Diversity Scholarship Presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona and Fiesta Bowl was created to support Arizona minority residents pursuing their GED.
- Arizona resident pursuing their GED.
- Must be a minority.
As defined by Federal Guidelines:
- Black (Not of Hispanic origin) – All persons having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa.
- Hispanic – All persons of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Central or South American, or other Spanish culture of origin, regardless of race.
- Asian or Pacific Islander – All persons having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, the Indian subcontinent or the Pacific Islands. This area includes, for example, China, India, Japan, Korea, the Philippine Islands and Samoa.
- American Indian or Alaskan Native – All persons having origins in any of the original peoples of North America, and who maintain cultural identification through tribal affiliation or community recognition.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment and/or contribution to the community.